Here’s a photo of our table all decked out for Thanksgiving last year. It was just my mother, myself, and two of our dear friends. This year, we’re expecting almost 20 people… our neighbors, several of my displaced friends from college, and a few other friends here and there. We’ve got some serious party-planning to do. How are you guys spending the holiday?
I’d like to be able to do this one more time before winter sets in…
via Kinfolk Magazine
via kinfolk magazine
this year, our very own Jenna Lyons was recognized by Glamour magazineas one of the most inspiring women of the year (alongside comedienne LenaDunham, architect Zaha Hadid and photographer Annie Leibovitz).here are some of the reasons why Jenna tops our list each and every day…
1. Because she’ll always tell you if you have lipstick on your teeth.
2. Because there’s no hiding how you feel—she can read your face like an open book.
3. Because she is strong in thought but kind in tone.
4. Because she’ll wear sky-high heels in a blizzard.
5. Because she’ll share her lunch with you during long meetings (and force you to accept).
6. Because she loves pulled pork and champagne. (Usually the former comes after much of the latter.)
7. Because she’ll turn on Beyoncé and shoulder bounce with the best of them during a catalog review.
8. Because she’s one of the most generous people we know (especially with her time).
9. Because she calls her vintage Mercedes “the pope.”
10. Because she can always laugh at herself.
11. Because she challenges all of us to be the best versions of ourselves—sharper, focused and more confident.
Continually inspired by this woman.
So many of my friends are graduating school and moving into places of their own… some of these things are obviously a little ritzy, but nonetheless, there are a few things here that any person new to living on their own would appreciate.
It’s fun to find gifts for people that they’d never splurge on themselves.
Lonny’s November issue is spot-on.
I think I just died and went to heaven…. anyone have a source on this?
FYI: the flask, shaker, coasters, soap, and soap dish all come from one of my favorite sites, IZOLA.
forever inspired by Jackie in Paris
dream apartment in the city kitchen
via Lonny Magazine
My dresser top.
taken with instagram
It’s that time again… Putting together a few gift ideas. I know a couple girls (including myself) who’d definitely be thrilled with a few of these things.
I will also take this “play room” for a dining room, please.